Community Outreach Coordinator
• Establish and maintain trusting and professional relationships with staff, medical staff, community partners, and referring providers
• Awareness of all the facility programs, eligibility requirements, competencies and strengths
• Provide education and resources for community, partners and referring organizations as needed
• Continuously work with department managers and executive staff to develop and maintain marketing materials and communications, along with organizing outreach events and projects
• Utilize a variety of channels for outreach, including face-to-face interviews, phone calls, mailings, presentations, and public relation activities to build a positive presence in the community
• Coordinates and produces the writing, design, and production of general public information materials including but not limited to: brochures, web information, press releases, fact sheets, and presentations
• Prepares press releases and media announcements
• Engages in community health initiatives and projects as necessary
• Establish and maintain budget related to marketing and outreach activities
• Routine assignments, special projects, and participation in other organizational activities as required.
1.EDUCATION Bachelor in Healthcare related field preferred.
2.LICENSURE Not required.
3.EXPERIENCE Healthcare experience required. Hospital experience strongly preferred. Experience with marketing and/or public relations strongly preferred.
4.SKILLS Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, etc.). Knowledge of social media.
5.INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Must possess excellent verbal, quantitative and interpersonal skills.
6.PHYSICAL EFFORT: Requires finger dexterity, eye/hand coordination and full range of body motion including the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull and grasp items and stand and walk for extensive periods of time; the ability to lift and move equipment/supplies (0-25 pounds) with proper technique and accessories. Requires corrected vision and hearing in normal range.
7.HOURS OF WORK Varies. Generally Monday-Friday
8.HAZARDS Exposure to chemicals, machinery, and bloodborne Pathogens that requires the use of personal protective equipment, i.e., masks, gowns, & gloves.
9.COMPETENCE FOR SPECIFIC PATIENT POPULATION:
10. INFECTION CONTROL: Ability to comply with department specific controls implemented to reduce the risk of acquiring and transmitting infections within the health care setting. The controls may include, but are not limited to, immunity to certain vaccine preventable diseases, screening for tuberculosis infection or disease, the ability to utilize indicated personal protective equipment and attendance at appropriate training.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Karen Clowers - HR Director