Responsible for providing primary healthcare clinical support services for the medical providers, in accordance with the rural health clinic protocols, policies and procedures.
• Provides related clinical support services as requested by the attending medical provider in support of patient care.
• Responsibilities include assisting patients to the exam rooms, taking vital signs, health histories, height and weight.
• Assist with the day-to-day maintenance and management of the clinic. Such responsibilities include ordering supplies, stocking exam rooms and maintenance of medical equipment.
• Reports to supervisor of any customer complaints, system problems or any situation that affect the day-to-day operation of the clinic in a timely manner.
• Enters the following information into the patients EMR:
a. Immunizations status
b. Health History
c. Chief Complaint
d. Height, Weight and Vital Signs
e. Pain Score
• Must comply with specific standards that apply to the medical records and to the legal and ethical requirements for keeping patient information confidential.
• Practice proper patient identification by patient name and date of birth.
• Keep work area clean, stocked and organized.
• Practice infection control standards at all times when working with patients and equipment.
• Uphold a professional, yet compassionate, demeanor while caring for patients of all ages and in many degrees of physical health.
• Enrich Delta Health Services Rural Health Clinic reputation by giving high-quality service to the patients and taking on new tasks with a willing approach.
• Review and update the preventative list in the electronic medical record by interviewing the patient, reviewing the medical record and Arkansas Webiz.
• Collaborates with patients, nursing staff and providers to assist in offering, tracking and maintaining annual preventative care services to our clinic patients.
• Contributes as a positive team player within the department by supporting all members of the team in a productive and constructive manner. Acts as a resource to others when needed.
• Adheres to all approved company processes and procedure including documentation protocols and best practices for daily work logs, interactions with patients and providers, and internal communications.
• Provides orientation to new team members as directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Attends monthly staff meetings.
• Is punctual and prompt for work.
• Follows the policies and procedures for sick and unscheduled absences.
• Adheres to the policies and procedures for Dress Code.
• Completes in-services and health exams as required
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: DESCRIPTION
1. EDUCATION Graduation from an accredited school of
Clinical Medical Assistant
2. LICENSURE Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
3. EXPERIENCE One year of experience in healthcare
4. SKILLS Experience working with an EMR system and excellent attention to detail; able to maintain complete and accurate documentation of all patients related to activities. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision. Highly motivated, results-oriented with strong skills in customer service, organizing and multi-tasking. Flexible to handle fluctuating workloads and tasks.
5. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS Excellent written and verbal communication
skills. Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with patients and healthcare professionals.
6. PHYSICAL EFFORT Requires finger dexterity, eye/hand coordination and full range of body motion including the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull and grasp items and stand and walk for extensive periods of time; the ability to lift and move equipment/supplies (0-25 pounds) with proper technique and accessories. Requires corrected vision and hearing in normal range.
7. HOURS OF WORK Monday –Friday with extended hours as needed.
HAZARDS Exposure to chemicals, machinery, and bloodborne pathogens that requires the use of personal protective equipment, i.e., masks, gowns & gloves.
9. COMPETENCE FOR SPECIFIC PATIENT POPULATION: Infant, Pediatric, Adolescence Adult and Geriatric
10. INFECTION CONTROL: Ability to comply with department specific controls implemented to reduce the risk of acquiring and transmitting infections within the healthcare setting. The controls may include, but are not limited to, immunity to certain vaccine preventable diseases, screening for tuberculosis infection or disease, the ability to utilize indicated personal protective equipment and attendance at appropriate training
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
CHRISTINE PLATTER - Practice Administrator