• Responsible for providing primary healthcare clinical support services as requested by the attending medical provider in support of patient care, in accordance with the clinic protocols, policies and procedures. Such responsibilities would include assisting patients to the exam rooms, taking vital signs, health histories and weight.
• Assist with the day-to-day maintenance and management of the clinic. Such responsibilities include ordering supplies, coordinating patient services and maintenance of medical equipment.
• Participates in performance improvement activities as requested by supervisor.
• Reports to supervisor of any customer complaints, system problems or any situations that affect the day-to-day operation of the clinic in a timely manner.
• Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician via the electronic documentation system, including but not limited to:
a. Patient medical history and physical exam.
b. Patient subjective and objective data related to visit.
c. Assessment and plan of care for that visit.
d. Procedures and treatments performed by physician.
e. Patient education and explanation of risks and benefits
f. Physician diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
g. Prepare referral forms, letters, and any patient documents as directed by the physician.
• Dictation/faxing/phone calls and clerical tasks. Prepare referral letters as directed by the physician, via summary of the medical record.
• Ensures that all clinical data, lab or other test results have been reviewed by the physician and interpretation of the results are recorded accurately in the medical record.
• Spot mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation and check to correct the information in order to reduce errors. All addenda must be signed off by the physician. Alert physician when chart is incomplete.
• Assist in maintaining systems to track patient follow up, preventative care and compliance.
• Documents all communication and coordination of patient care in electronic documentation system.
• Be the system navigator and point of contact for patients and families, with patient and families having direct access for asking questions and raising concerns. May assume advocate role on the patient’s behalf with the carrier to ensure approval of the necessary supplies/services for the patient in a timely fashion.
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all assigned patients and corresponding providers.
Contributes as a positive team player within the department by supporting all members of the team in a productive and constructive manner. Acts as a resource to others when needed.
• Adheres to all approved company processes and procedure including documentation protocols and best practices for daily work logs, interactions with patients and providers, and internal communications.
• Provides orientation to new team members as directed.
• Enrich Delta Health Services Rural Health Clinic reputation by giving high-quality service to the patients and taking on new tasks with a willing approach.
• Effective communication is fundamental to the existence of the clinic therefore it is important to respond to emails, electronic communication messages, voicemails and any form of communication that you receive in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Attends monthly staff meetings.
• Is punctual and prompt for work.
• Follows the policies and procedures for sick and unscheduled absences.
• Adheres to the policies and procedures for Dress Code.
• Completes in-services and health exams as required
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: DESCRIPTION
1. EDUCATION Graduated from an accredited college or school of nursing with a degree in practical nursing
2. LICENSURE LPN
3. EXPERIENCE At least one year of experience in healthcare preferred
4. SKILLS Excellent attention to detail; able to maintain complete and accurate documentation of all patients related to activities. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision. Highly motivated, results-oriented with strong skills in customer service, organizing and multi-tasking. Flexible to handle fluctuating workloads and tasks.
5. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS Excellent written and verbal communication
skills. Ability to build relationships and develop trust with patients and healthcare professionals.
6. PHYSICAL EFFORT Requires finger dexterity, eye/hand coordination and full range of body motion including the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull and grasp items and stand and walk for extensive periods of time; the ability to lift and move equipment/supplies, patients with proper technique and accessories. Requires corrected vision and hearing in normal range.
7. HOURS OF Work
Monday –Friday with extended hours as needed.
8. HAZARDS Exposure to chemicals, machinery, and bloodborne pathogens that requires the use of personal protective equipment, i.e., masks, gowns & gloves.
9. COMPETENCE FOR SPECIFIC PATIENT POPULATION: Infant, Pediatric, Adolescence, Adult, Geriatric.
10. INFECTION CONTROL: Ability to comply with department specific controls implemented to reduce the risk of acquiring and transmitting infections within the healthcare setting. The controls may include, but are not limited to, immunity to certain vaccine preventable diseases, screening for tuberculosis infection or disease, the ability to utilize indicated personal protective equipment and attendance at appropriate training.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day